The SharePoint tool is more than just a place to store documents. If you have the right knowledge, it will empower your business by providing some of the best features and functionalities.
Many users prefer SharePoint to capture information like announcements, tasks, issues, and events. It provides a platform to sort, order, and filter the data to offer a smooth experience in data management.
How are SharePoint forms making a difference?
We have curated a list of features that will help you choose SharePoint to collect information effectively.
What are SharePoint forms?
It enables the users to process all-purpose volumes and types of purposes. SharePoint form is a screen with a great number of fields with labels to help users add data. They are helping to simplify the business processes and workflows that makes managing database easier and more organized.
The forms have attractive and advanced features that make your platform user-friendly and easy to gather information. They are designed to hide, depict, and optimize data collected from the users. It enables organizations to exchange data with the users.
What are the unique features of SharePoint forms?
It is highly secured
Many SharePoint online forms solutions are available, but it is important to secure the data. It ensures that the data does not leave the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
Modern UI for mobile and desktop
SharePoint offers modern fully-responsive forms to ensure they are responsive in desktop and smartphones. You do not need to invest your time in building different layouts for desktop and mobile.
External Data resources support
Users can connect and add external data from any web-accessible data source. This makes it easier for the users and owners to integrate data effortlessly.
Automate the workflow
It protects the developers from working easily and automates the business processes without handling any complex workflow.
Users have the capability of file attachments. This allows the files to be submitted with the SharePoint forms.
How to create a custom SharePoint form?
Before you begin the journey, make sure to add the required lists and libraries to the SharePoint site. Let us look at the process now used with the PowerApps forms :
- In the SharePoint site, go to the Project list
- To build and manage the flows of the library or list, you need to go to the command bar on the library or index page and choose to Integrate > Power Apps. Here you can see:
- Create an app
- Sell all apps
- Customize forms
- Choose customized forms. Your power apps studio opens and loads the document.
Insert a user profile photo
- On the Insert tab, select Media, then Image. Image control and Image1 named elements will be added to your canvas and the tree view panel.
- Users can customize the appearance of the image by setting the properties:
- When you select a control on canvas, the Properties pane will appear.
- As the Image is a profile photo of the owner, you must decide the constant Height
- By selecting Image1 in the formula bar, change the property to Height and enter your Formula.
- Set up the Width of Image1 to be similar to its Height. Now, change the property to Width in the formula bar and add Self.Height as the Formula
- Make the Image into a circle. In the Properties pane, add the value that is half of the Height in the Border radius property
- Add the image on the canvas as you desire. Adjust the widths and heights of other controls to avoid overlapping.
- You can use the Office 365 Users connector to retrieve the picture from the owner’s email.
Set the View-Only property to fields
- Choose the Title_DataCard1 from the Properties pan, go to the Advanced Pane and select Unlock to manage properties
- Toggle back to the Properties pane and choose the Display mode field. The formula bar will update to display this property.
- In the Formula, bar write DisplayMode.view
View field on a condition
- Choose Attachments in the Properties pane to the Advanced pane. Go to Unlock to manage properties
- Toggle back in the Properties pane and choose the Visible field. The formula bar is updated to display the property.
- In the formula bar, add the following formula:
If(SharePointIntegration.Selected.Owner.DisplayName = “Kwizcom”, false, true)
Here, if the name is Kwizcom, then the data card will be hidden, or else it will be visible.
How is SharePoint form making a difference?
- It supports different data fields that represent various controls. Like Yes/No can be a Toggle switch or checkbox.
- It has the option to Required Data fields with an asterisk beside them and showcases an error message if they are left blank. This ensures that users cannot submit the SharePoint online forms without filling the required field.
- The data fields are organized based on the order built in the list.
What are the common requirements of SharePoint forms?
Look and Feel
The most vital thing that holds a user is the look and feel of your website as it represents your brand. SharePoint offers you with great features when dealing with fonts, colors, components, and general layout elements.
Working from anywhere and anytime is the new norm for running a business successfully. As there is a massive increase in the usability of mobile devices, you get to make your forms responsive. SharePoint makes your forms user-friendly to let them fill them out without hassle.
Integrating logic is one of the best benefits of using digital forms. A single document can collect multiple types of information from the user. Conditional formatting is used to reduce the size of the form by automatically ruling out any additional questions.
The Final Note!
We have shared some of the best insights about SharePoint forms that will help you work with it smoothly.
With the support of this great tool, you can customize and provide a personalized experience to the users and gather information efficiently.