The United Kingdom is one of the most preferred locations by skilled workers. 2020 is the most recent year in which the changes in the points system were introduced, and they were significant for skilled workers routing for a visa in the UK. Before the rules prevailed in the current scenario, there was the Tier 2 visa scheme.
Back then, obtaining a work visa was not a cakewalk. The new change, the introduction of the skilled worker visa, helps all the skilled professionals get allowed for their entry for a long term by the UK government. There are blooming opportunities for skilled people in various fields like the following:
- Information technology
- Teaching and Assistance
- Healthcare and medicine
The occupation needs to be a part of the list that the government has approved. The expansion has been taken owing to lesser skilled professionals like bakers, base staff, plasterers, cooks, and butchers.
How Easy Is It To Get A Skilled Worker Visa UK?
The occupation list for skilled workers is immense, and you need to look out for the fields to which you belong. So, the best way is to check for the occupation codes and see whether your profession is applicable for the skilled worker visa or not.
So, if you are a part of the profession that happens to be a part of the occupation list in shortage, there are better chances for you to score better points to attain the visa. In other cases, the process might take some time, but it is not impossible. Many websites can help you get through the process. You can visit and explore one of them, which is https://imperiallegal.com/uk-skilled-worker-visa.
Considerations For Application Of The Visa
If you want to apply for a skilled worker visa in the UK, there are certain requirements that you need to fulfill. They are as follows:
- It would be best if you have a job offer as proof of applying for the visa.
- You should have a valid certificate of sponsorship from your employer based in the UK.
- The sponsor license for skilled employees should be valid.
Apart from this, there are other requirements that you need to fulfill to clear the eligibility criteria.
- It would help if you had a minimum score of 70 points to ensure your eligibility in the parameters like qualifications and skills, professional requirements, and the salaries attached.
- Bachelor’s degree in academics and a job experience of a minimum of 2 years from the professions that are a part of the occupations list for the visa.
- It would help if you had your offer in hand from the Home Office Licensed Sponsor.
- You have to meet the language proficiency level requirements in English. The base is the B1 level in the Common European Framework Of Reference For Languages.
- You should be able to meet the specific salary requirement or belong to the threshold of the ‘going on’ rate based on economic trends.
Point-Based System For Migrate To The UK
So, what exactly does having the minimum points for applying for a visa to migrate to the UK mean?
The minimum points are what you earn after clearing the basic requirements. There are some points assigned against these requirements, and that’s how you know whether you will be able to get through the visa application or not. For example, you will get points for your bachelor’s degree, work experience, IELTS score, employer certificate, etc.
You need to know that the most important or deciding factor regarding your work visa is that you need to have a job offer in your hand from your employer based in the UK. Also, they cannot be any random person or company. They must possess a valid license per the norms that allow them to move forward with the international hiring process.
For example, there are 20 points each if you have a job offer in hand by a licensed sponsor and the job is at the appropriate level of skill. Your level of English proficiency will help you gain 10 points. To reach the bar of 70 points, you are short of 20 points. Your salary can help you fetch those. If you have a salary that is 90% of the going-on rate, you stand a chance of getting 10 points, and if your salary is a minimum of 25,600 pounds or more, you have an opportunity of getting 20 points.
Apart from this, you can gain extra 20 points if you have a job that stands at a shortage as per the design of the migration advisory committee or has a Ph.D. in the STEM subject that holds relevance to the job title. If you have a Ph.D. in any subject that matches the job role, you can get 10 points more.
Some documentation requirements also need to be fulfilled are as follows:
- The reference number of the Certificate of Sponsorship.
- Passport, other details for identity confirmation, job title, occupation code
- Details of the employer and the license number that allow for international recruitment.
Once you have it, the process is easy, and there’s nothing to worry about after it.
Benefits Of Getting The Skilled Worker Visa In The UK
Once you get through the visa and move to the UK, you have the following benefits lined up for you. They are as follows:
- You can bring dependents with you based on the visa that you hold.
- Your spouse can work on your visa.
- There is no limitation on the number of people who will move to the UK based on this visa.
- Reduction in the minimum salary requirement to 25,600 pounds. For others, the minimum salary requirement stands at 30,000 pounds.
- If you are a healthcare professional, you have fast-track visas for quicker movement.
The skilled worker visa UK process can be quick and easy if you are a qualified professional and have all your documentation and eligibility requirements. If you d everything step-by-step, you need not worry as you will get your skilled worker visa.